In celebration of our collaboration with Monday Born, founder Teni Panosian shares an Orcé Beauty Secret: the recipe to one of her favorite teas. Her mother had instilled that natural herbs and flowers were the keys to beauty and overall health early on — and to this day, this recipe is part of her wellness ritual.
For as long as I can remember, my mom’s go-to for any ailment was a good cup of tea. The two I remember drinking the most are cardamom tea and borage flower tea, both of which I still enjoy today.
For my mom it was all about beauty and health from the inside out: Borage flower (گل گاوزبان) is rich in antioxidants and effective in calming nerves, and cardamom tea acts as a skin purifier and detoxifier. I would typically drink it combined with Ceylon tea, which is also full of antioxidants.
It’s no wonder I turned out to be a minimalist more focused on achieving my beauty goals through nutrition, supplements, and herbs: I don’t remember one topical habit in my mom’s routine growing up. It was all about what we consumed in our diet.
Borage Flower Tea
- Gol gav zaban (dried borage flower)
- Dried lime (poke holes into it before brewing)
- Boiled water
- Thoroughly wash your dried borage flowers in a colander.
- Combine the flowers, dried lime, and hot water in a teapot.
- Cover and steep for 20-30 minutes on very low heat.
- Pour through a strainer into your cup and enjoy! (You can also add a bit of naabat, or rock candy, to sweeten.)
My mom was raised in Iran where the culture and way of life is rich with natural remedies. I’ve always felt very connected to nature so these habits are very much in my roots and something I hope to pass on.
Teni's perfect Come Closer shade is 040 Novae.